A week ago, I submitted a story for an online competition.
And today, I got an email telling me that my story has been shortlisted, and will go live on the website on July 1st. I think prizes are awarded sometime in August.
And I'm excited.
I told Paul and then we spent a few minutes running around in circles grinning. The website, called Smories, is based in the U.K. and specializes in stories geared towards children. You can view the stories for the previous competition by going to
http://www.smories.com/.
My story is about a girl named Harriet, who takes a pea as a pet. Maybe I'll post it. You'll be able to see it on the Smories website on July 1st.
Yippee!
Also, happy Friday. It's hot as blazes out here. Also that.
7 comments:
Congratulations Andrea!
Why you sneaky little author you! I am so excited to hear the results! I may have a mild bias in your favor, but I'm pretty sure you'll take the top prize!
SO AWESOME!!! Jumping up and down for you. Also, I like the name of the site. Also, you are cool. Even if it is hot as blazes.
That is so awesome! Will you remember us little people when you're famous?
thanks, guys!you're like fifty kinds of awesome.
SO great! I can't wait to hear a small British person read your story.
I KNEW it. I knew it...right? I mean I knew stuff like this would happen. Congrats.
Post a Comment