Okay, I need some help:
I'm throwing my sister a bridal shower. In Utah. In like four weeks.
HEEEEEEELLLLLLP!!!!!!!
Are you from Utah? Are you a genius? Do you have the magical ability to make stuff look like a million bucks when it actually cost next to nothing?
Oh, good. You're exactly who I'm looking for.
Any ideas? We'll probably be inviting around 15-20 people, and there's a good chance it will need to be on a Thursday evening, although a Saturday morning with all its brunch-y potential is much more preferable.
Miriam is incredibly awesome, inspiring, and endlessly sweet, and I'd like to throw her a shower to match her awesomeness. She's a little less modern and a little more romantic, so I'm thinking something kind of homemade and sweet and simple.
I thought a picnic would be awesome, but on a Thursday night I'm not sure that would work,and I thought maybe Ruth's Diner or the Tin Roof Cafe, but I'm not sure if 15-20 is too many people for something like that.
So, if you have any ideas.....I HEART YOU!!! I HEART YOU FOREVER!!! I HEART YOU TIMES FIFTY WITH A CHERRY ON TOP AND A PONY!!!!
Uh.....thanks.
6 comments:
I have been wondering how the bridal shower situation would be working out with Miriam being that the wedding anf family are in CA friends from school are in Idaho and fiances family in UT...Well I want to help, and I agree Miriam is totally amazingly awesome and awesomely beautiful too. hmmm im going to get my wheels turning!!
i'd love to hearted by you forever, but sadly, this couldn't be further from my area of expertise. i am really good at enjoying these sort of things and maybe, sometimes, even mocking them, but creating them? haha, yeah right.
so good luck. and weird that someone else is named miriam.
count me in to help with whatever!
someone's backyard, kabobs and salads, brownie ice cream sandwiches, candles (citronella), cute cupcakes in mason jars, and punch!
amy- thanks!! i'm glad we both think miriam is so awesome. because she totally is.
miriam- the other miriam is, i think i can safely say, just as incredible as you are. there's something about that name....
trudy ann- thanks!!
nicole- goody, so nice to meet you!! i love your suggestions. i think that is exactly the direction i will take. do you live in utah? will you be able to come!
I don't. Quinn and I are up in the Seattle area. I love cooking though and if I was living in Utah I'd totally cook for the shower!
Post a Comment