Wednesday, May 26, 2010

virtue has triumphed

You might not believe this.

I'm going to tell you anyway.

I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies a few days ago. (That's not the part you won't believe. Here it comes.) Guess how many I've had?

One.

I KNOW!!

I wouldn't believe it either, except for I'm the one who's been gazing longingly at the remaining goodies whilst I suck on limey popsicles.

It's a small victory. I feel like celebrating.

Maybe with a cookie.

**** Five minutes later ****

Addendum: I have now had only two cookies.

3 comments:

redstarmama said...

Are you running a fever? Do you have the chills? Are there long stretches of time that you can't remember? Do I need to have Paul take you to the ER?

That just isn't like you. I'm worried you may be coming down with something... ;)

Andersons said...

Why do you torture yourself so??

andrea gale said...

redstarmama- not. feeling. well. i think i need an IV of cookies. that oughta do it.

andersons- good question. i think maybe i had something to prove? except for it seems like eating cookies is way better than proving something.