Thursday, May 6, 2010

this is where we live

I would like to dedicate this post to my mom, who wants to make sure her daughter isn't living in some crack house with rats and cockroaches and a thug named Fist.

She got to see our last apartment, but she hasn't been out here for a few years, and since we just moved, I figured I should post some pictures so she can see just how rat and thug-free our current digs are.

See, mom? Not a rat in sight.

(I hope....)

**** Addendum****

My mom read this post and was most concerned that everyone would give her the Bad Mom Award for not visiting more often. So, I would like everyone to know the following: 1)my mom is AMAZING, and 2)she LOVES me. Sorry, mom.






10 comments:

Miggy said...

wait..you got some new stuff. Right? It's looks great--I'm loving it and missing NYC at the same time. Sigh.

redstarmama said...

Very cute. Not that I'm surprised by that, Your Royal Tasteful Stylishness.

And I still think you're trying to guilt Sylvia into coming for a visit.

Kendra Leigh said...

I love those pillows on the bed!

Ellen said...

Has your style always been so retro/Miggy-like? Or maybe she has YOUR style. You two definitely have taste.

skt said...

Love it. This looks completely different than your style just a year or two ago. Where in the world did all your shabby chic stuff go?

andrea gale said...

miggy- you gotta love craigslist in the city!! we've been a tad craigslist crazy these days. also i miss you. also that.

redstarmama- you might be right. i may or may not be campaigning to get my mom out here again. mom, is it working?

kendra- you made them, you crazy awesome seamstress!! hey, everyone- props to kendra for making me such fantastic pillows!

ellen- i'm kind of taking classes right now on how to be cool like miggy. it's going to be a while before i graduate, though. all these required classes on general awesomeness. i used to be super into the whole shabby-chic thing, but now i find myself wanting to live in a world that looks like Mad Men got married to I Love Lucy and they had a baby and the baby is our apartment.

skt- you're right- it is totally different from my style a few years ago. paul found our couch on craigslist for a steal, and we loved it so much we kinda got in to the whole mid-century thing. we sold a lot of our stuff on cragslist, and most of our current furniture we found on craigslist....oh, craigslist. mental note to write craigslist a love letter.

Andersons said...

Um...will you come decorate my place? Gorgeous home Andrea!

Miriam Herm said...

decorate my house, please. when you come out, will you please go shopping with me? for a very long time?

Ryanne said...

Oh my gosh this post made me miss you so much more than I normally miss you on a day to day basis (which is saying a lot because I miss you guys TONS!) We haven't even seen your place! :( You apartment looks beautiful! Hopefully now I will picture it in my head when I am talking to you and not your old place. MISS YOU!!!!!

andrea gale said...

andersons- deal. as long as you let me play with your cute kids. i drive a hard bargain, no?

miriam- uh....shopping? for a really long time? my answer is....YESSSSSSS!!!

jeppson family- LOVE YOU!!!

ryanne- oh, my. how i miss you guys!!! your comment made me want to jump on a plane. maybe i will. right now.