Remember when I said that I knew I would love being married?
Well, that's probably because I spent the better part of my teenage years thinking, dreaming, planning and praying for marriage.
I know. I was an old soul.
Well, when I was approximately twelve and three-quarters years old and at a slumber party, I took it upon myself to compile a list of all the desirable traits I would be seeking out in a potential mate.
The list is hand-written, on lined paper, and encased in a red paper folder. I have entitled the list "F.H. Secret Files" (F.H. standing, naturally, for future husband), and at the top of the list I have included the essentials: my name, the date, and my age. For posterity.
Right about now, as you fight between feelings of embarrassment, pity, and delight, you're probably wondering how many items are on my list.
I'll tell you:
One hundred and twenty-two.
I have, of course, marked with a star those I considered to be of particular importance.
Now, some of you may have heard about this list. I'm pretty sure, though, that none of you have actually seen it. And I KNOW that Paul hasn't seen it.
But today, since it is our anniversary, and because I love that an unabashed geek like me got to marry the dreamy football player, I am posting five items from my list.
1. GREAT kisser- very important (I hadn't yet been kissed, but I figured on liking it once I had.)
2. Can sing to me when I wake up in the morning (please keep in mind that my movie diet consisted almost entirely of musicals. I just figured that was normal.)
3. He has to sing in the shower (what was I going to do if he didn't? sheesh, again with the musicals. It took me a few more years to figure out that musical-reality and actual reality weren't the same. Yes, it was devastating.)
4. He must never buy me a blender (I wish I could go back in time and tell teenage me just how sexy a nice blender actually is. I think she'd change her mind.
5. He must be strong enough to crush me, but gentle enough not to. (you probably want to throw up right now. That's okay. Go ahead.)
I'm not sure Paul knew what he was getting himself into.
I'm going to go lock up the list now.
8 comments:
I don't really have anything to comment, but I wanted you to know that I'm sitting here cracking up right now. You've come a long way, baby!
Was that slumber party at my house?
so, desire to not be crushed but crushable, huh? sounds complex.
one of my items was a good cook. ha! haha! ryan's "best" meal is hamburger helper. and that is gross.
happy wedding day 9 years ago!
Oh no, I am laughing so hard snot is dripping. Stop it. Stop it right now! I think we need to be better friends.
That is the FU list ever. Of course I had one of these, but I think we did it for a YW activity and mine were not nearly so creative...things like "hard worker" and "is kind."
And your whole could crush me, but wouldn't sounds a lot like a Bella/Edward thing going on...
Oh your awesome...lucky Paul.
{I just thought you'd like to know my word verification word is suckf. Sorry. Had to post that.}
redstarmama- it was actually at bookwormmama's place. she made a list too. although i think hers only had 113 items.
miriam- well, i was a pretty complex 12 3/4 year old, you know? it's nice to know we can compromise.
abbie- dripping snot is like the highest compliment, i think. and yes. friendies. we must be friendies.
miggy- i love that word verification. i am seriously considering compiling a list of the best ones. some people collect tiny spoons. me? strange made-up words.
that is AWESOME. would love to read the rest of it :)
Yep, Andrea, we made that list at about 1 am if I remember correctly and we were so determined to not miss a single important detail...
"Strong enough to crush me and gentle enough not to!" Whew, I remember that one and that was one of my most important ones too! LOL
Ah good times, Jeff has read my list and laughed and thinks we were totally cute!
nikki- i'll have to post the rest. probably should do installments. that would be one long post. also we miss you guys!!
bookwormmama- that was quite the list we compiled. i give us like twenty gold stars for being thorough!
Post a Comment