Tuesday, April 20, 2010

it turns out i have some gym issues

Okay, so yesterday I met with the angel who is helping me get healthy and who I will hereafter refer to as Trainy Trainerson. Hmmmm. That sounds kinda like "tranny". And that's not good. Mental note: consider other possible nicknames for Sarah.

Right. Well.

She came over and gave me homework for the rest of the week. Which meant going to the gym. And after today I realize, I am kind of needing some help with the whole gym etiquette thing.

See, I went to the gym, and I ran on the treadmill and ellipted on the elliptical machine, but when I was finished I was all dripping with sweat and stuff, which I have heard is common following ellipting.

So, uh, what do you do then? I mean, do you change there? Do you shower before you leave? I am having flashbacks to junior high PE. What if people make fun of my bra? I peeked in the showers and it looked really, uh....not private.

Should I not tell you that I didn't shower and instead I rode the subway all tomato-red and stinky? It turns out I am somewhat neurotic when I ellipt.

My lack of gym finesse is embarrassing.

5 comments:

Andersons said...

I never shower at the gym. Blech. You can do that when you're old and don't care if other people stare at you. :-) Sweat on my friend!

Trudy Ann said...

i don't shower at the gym either. am most impressed with your fitness goal- i am tying to become a shape other than round for my 10 year high school reunion. my problem is i start thinking i can do sports type things and i end up getting hurt and not being able to go to the gym at all. me and sports should not go together.

Justin said...

I have been there and the subway stench is far worse than anything your body could create. You're good.

andrea gale said...

andersons- and i shall. sweat on.

trudy ann- i totally think you can do it!!! if i can enter a gym and not run out screaming, anyone can!!

justin- thanks, man. thanks.

redstarmama said...

I must concur with my husband on this question.

Also, I think you have created a new verb : ellipt. Very nice. I shall try to use it in a sentence today.