I have, yet again, reached a decision to make a concerted attempt at healthy living.
I know. I'm not sure I can do it either.
Maybe it's because spring has begun to make itself known. Maybe it's because you can only eat so many crackers with Easy Cheez before your body starts to protest. Maybe it's because IVF kindly bestowed an extra fifteen pounds on my frame. Either way, I feel the need to be healthy.
I made this decision a few weeks ago. It's not the first time I've gotten the itch to get healthy. The first time it happened was in seventh grade when I decided to eat vegetables because I wanted some increased poundage in the chestal area. My resolve lasted a full six hours, until Mom served peas at dinner, at which point I determined that being a Juniors 32AA wasn't so bad, after all.
The last time I tried to be healthy was last year, when I decided to swear off sweets for a full month. My attempt was in no way a success. I think I made it four days before I started calling chocolate chips healthy, and my slippery slope only got slipperier from there.
So, maybe that was a little too hard-core. This time, though, is different. For reals. I've enlisted the help of this adorable girl in our ward at church who looks like a pocket-sized super-model. She's coming over tonight to take measurements (yikesy!) and take a look at my work-out equipment, after which she will come up with a plan to which I will attempt to comply.
I'm excited. Also maybe a little apprehensive. Also maybe eating all the junk food in our apartment so she won't make me throw it out. Maybe.
I hope I'm ready for this.
5 comments:
I think you can do it. Plus, really small changes can make a really big difference. Plus, you're awesome.
I demand daily progress reports and a listing of all the vegetables and fruits you actually eat. Not taste once and grudgingly swallow, but actually consume a measureable quantity of.
Love you!
Hi, I stalk your blog. I know you can do it. If you can really get your brain on board, your body will follow. Our bodies want the good, healthy stuff. They just forget. But it just takes a small reminder. Good luck!!!
V8. If you truly like it, I know you can do it. You are amazing. And adorable. And I wish I could hide 15 pounds as easily as you.
aaaaah. nothing like a little moral support to make me feel all better. you guys are the best!!
boulter trouble- nice to meet you, and welcome!!
Post a Comment