Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yankees vs Red Sox

Last night I went to the Yankees vs Red Sox game. Good game with some CRAZY side action. Here are some highlights:

1. Drunk guys yelling at other drunk guys
2. Drunk girls yelling at drunk guys
3. Drunk guys hitting on drunk girls
4. At least 10 of said drunk guys getting hauled out of the game by cops
5. Drunk guys and girls chanting "Let's go Yankees!!! Boston Sucks!!!"
6. Guy sitting next to us trying for like an hour to get the peanut guy to come up to our section

The chanting is what has really stayed with me. Oh my goodness, the chanting. After hearing it shouted repeatedly for almost 4 hours, I think I may hear it ringing in my ears until the day I die. If I am ever recruited by an international intelligence agency and captured by the enemy, I don't think they'll break me. All they'll get is "Let's go, Yankees!!! Boston Sucks!!!". That's just how programmed into my brain that chant has become. Also, it seems to be customary should one of your fellow baseball fans shout/wear/think/do something that you find to be slightly against your way of thinking, to stand up, point your finger and start yelling obscenities and possibly throw some popcorn, too. Wowee. What insanity!!! Unfortunately for me, I think the only thing that can de-program a powerful chant such as the above is an even more powerful chant like the Macarena. Either way, I lose.

4 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Sitting by drunks at a baseball game is a unique experience. We went to a Dodgers game in L.A. when they were playing the Giants and the guy in front of us kept heckling Barry Bonds : "Yo, Barroid!" It's my favorite nickname for Barry *I-don't-take-steroids-but-now-hold-the-record-for-homeruns* Bonds.

andrea gale said...

Hahahaha!!! I love it. I think I'll add that to my list of sports trivia/facts that I whip out when I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about. The list is pretty short.

Anonymous said...

I love baseball, I just think of guys with all the right equipment, going from base to base, sliding into home. Or perhaps, just playing the field...

GO DODGERS!!!

andrea gale said...

Yeah, you should come out in the summer for a game!! That would be fun. A little shopping wouldn't hurt, either....