Well, Friday was my turn to plan our weekly date. Renting a movie now seems like a fall-back, ("or we could....rent a movie....") but when I was growing up, renting a movie was the absolute ultimate in excitement. We would go to Albertson's, and rent a VCR, and pick out a Disney movie, ("Swiss Family Robinson" was a favorite) and we'd get TV dinners. My favorite was always macaroni and cheese. It came in this little aluminum container, and it took like five hours to make, (it seemed) and since for me macaroni and cheese was pretty much the best thing in the world, it never really seemed like enough. I remember using my spoon to scrape out every last remnant of cheesy goodness....good times. So, on Friday night, Paul and I got to relive some of the magic of childhood past. We feasted on microwave chicken pot pie and macaroni and cheese, followed by a dessert of microwave popcorn which we ate whilst watching The Empire Strikes Back, which I had never seen. DEFINITELY my favorite Star Wars flick, and it was great fun to hear Paul describe all the Star Wars toys he used to play with as a kid. You're really never too old to pretend you're fighting someone with a light saber, even if that someone is your wife. We also rented Willow, but since we're old now, we couldn't stay awake to watch both movies.....how embarrassing!! We couldn't even stay awake for all of The Empire Strikes Back!! We had to finish it last night!!! When did we get so old and tired??!!!!! I'm using a lot of exclamation points!!! Anyhoo, a great time was had by all. Well, by me and Paul. (No more rhymes now, I mean it!!! Anybody want a peanut??)
I like life deep fried, dipped in chocolate, with a side of bacon. Also, extra bacon.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
The Empire has Struck
Well, Friday was my turn to plan our weekly date. Renting a movie now seems like a fall-back, ("or we could....rent a movie....") but when I was growing up, renting a movie was the absolute ultimate in excitement. We would go to Albertson's, and rent a VCR, and pick out a Disney movie, ("Swiss Family Robinson" was a favorite) and we'd get TV dinners. My favorite was always macaroni and cheese. It came in this little aluminum container, and it took like five hours to make, (it seemed) and since for me macaroni and cheese was pretty much the best thing in the world, it never really seemed like enough. I remember using my spoon to scrape out every last remnant of cheesy goodness....good times. So, on Friday night, Paul and I got to relive some of the magic of childhood past. We feasted on microwave chicken pot pie and macaroni and cheese, followed by a dessert of microwave popcorn which we ate whilst watching The Empire Strikes Back, which I had never seen. DEFINITELY my favorite Star Wars flick, and it was great fun to hear Paul describe all the Star Wars toys he used to play with as a kid. You're really never too old to pretend you're fighting someone with a light saber, even if that someone is your wife. We also rented Willow, but since we're old now, we couldn't stay awake to watch both movies.....how embarrassing!! We couldn't even stay awake for all of The Empire Strikes Back!! We had to finish it last night!!! When did we get so old and tired??!!!!! I'm using a lot of exclamation points!!! Anyhoo, a great time was had by all. Well, by me and Paul. (No more rhymes now, I mean it!!! Anybody want a peanut??)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is Ellen but I'm too lazy to sign in as me. I used to be able to practically quote the whole Star Wars trilogy. I wonder if I still can...
"I happen to like nice men." "I'm a nice man." "No, you're not, you're..." Kissing ensues. So great!
Ellen!! Your command of Star Wars dialogue is truly impressive. I have much I can learn from you....
Post a Comment