I know, I know, I blogged already today, but I realized that I was tagged by my good friend Christina a while back and I never responded. Since I'd like to have a reptutation for good blogging etiquette, here's my list:
Jobs I have had:
1. Register girl/pizza maker at RoundTable Pizza (I learned how to make a great pie, and met my husband. Not bad all around, for a first gig.)
2. Activist (I stood outside and tried to get people to sign petitions. Yep, I stank. Also, I don't think I really knew what I was asking people to sign. That probably helps.)
3. Chiropractic assistant ( I learned how to do massage, lured my husband into marrying me with promises of deep tissue bliss, and then, well, stopped doing massage. Sorry, Paul.)
4. Customer service for dental insurance (prerequisite mind numbing job one must have prior to thinking "maybe I could do something more with my life.....")
5. Office manager for urologist (yeah, it is weird.)
Movies I can watch over and over:
1. Elf
2. Steel Magnolias
3. Sense and Sensibility (or Pride and Prejudice)
4. O Brother Where Art Thou
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off/Tommy Boy
6. Spiderman 2
7. Arsenic and Old Lace/His Girl Friday/It Happened One Night
8. Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea
***I agonized over this list. This is really hard, to just narrow it down to a few. I'd like to apologize to all the other worthy films I haven't mentioned. I mean, I'm sorry, Princess Bride, I just thought you knew it was a given that you're a very important part of my life!!****
Places I have lived:
1. Simi Valley, CA
2. Ogden, UT
3. New York, NY
TV shows I watch:
1. So You Think You Can Dance
2. Heroes
3. PBS documentaries
4. I Love Lucy (this is what good comedy sitcoms are all about, in my humble opinion.)
Foods I like
1. Cheese (aged Gouda is my current favorite)
2. Brownies (a little gooey)
3. Mars bar (deep fried, especially....mmmmm...)
4. Italian
5. Indian
6. Cupcakes
7. Pudding
I'd rather be:
1. Eating In n Out hamburgers
2. Eating In n Out hamburgers in California with my family
3. Reading a really great book on the beach
4. Laughing
5. Talking to Paul
Websites I visit daily:
1. Email
2. Blogs of friends
3. The New Yorker, for the Shouts and Murmurs, but not daily. I just felt it needed a mention.
A category I'm adding-
Favorite movie quotes:
1. "I don't want to be a pie!!" (Chicken Run)
2. "Say, any of you boys smithies? Or otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts?" ( O Brother Where Art Thou)
3. "I'm sorry that I ruined your lives, and crammed eleven cookies in the VCR. Love, Buddy." (Elf)
4. "This place is just like Santa's workshop, except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me." (Elf)
5. "It rains nine months out of the year in Seattle." ( Sleepless in Seattle. I don't know why, but I just laugh like crazy every time I hear that line. Go figure.)
3 comments:
I'm so impressed with your dedication to your new blog! It always makes me laugh. I love that you were ever employed as an Activist.
I love that Seattle line, too. Cracks me up every time, partly I think because I can hear you saying it in my head every time I hear it.
Christina- I am so blogaddicted!! It is pretty silly that I was an activist. Me, the girl with very few concrete opinions.
Jenn- Why do I find this line so funny? I don't know...maybe I just think everything that David Hyde Pierce says is funny...I always hear you in my head when I watch Monty Python. And the line from Ace Ventura where Jim Carrey is speaking dolphin...again, go figure.
Post a Comment