Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hairworld: Great Debate, 2007 Andrea vs Paul

Some of you may have heard that about once a year, Paul and I have a Great Debate. The debate is never scheduled, and is generally about some obscure or silly topic that really shouldn't provoke such strong feelings. For example: The Great Pancake Debate of 2004. This debate was sparked by my preference for a slightly underdone pancake and centered around Paul's feelings of superiority in the field of pancake making due to his many stints as Head Pancake Chef during several Boy Scout outings. This particular debate lasted well over two hours, ending in our eventual collapse into laughter. I mean, it was just so silly, really. Last night, as we watched the PBS documentary Hairworld: The Pursuit of Excellence, the debate ensued. Is styling hair worthy to be in the same class as competitions such as the World Series, or Olympics or the Superbowl? Andrea pro, Paul con. We had a spirited discussion complete with some very intellectual phrases like "you've got to be kidding me", and I'm proud to say that I ended the discussion with a well timed and thought provoking "whatever". I think that won me the debate, personally, (This actually might not be true, but it's my blog.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, let's talk about hair. Paul really has so much of it and is the envy of his uncles, but there was a time when he shaved (yes, shaved as in using a Bic razor) it off. I think he was quite proud of the fact that he would not have a bad hair day. Needless-to-say, my darling girl, you have great hair, and it is always perfect, and yet, you've NEVER had to shave your hair to avoid 'bad hair' days. Tell Paul to put that in his pipe and smoke it!!!

andrea gale said...

hahahahaha!!! I love it!!! Victory is sweet. I'm going to go lord it over Paul. I need to get all the news from you, so I swear, I'm really going to call you this week. For reals. By the way, I read Piggy Pie, and I did think it was totally awesome. Good pick, that one.