

So I was thinking of what I should blog about and then I was like hey, I know lots of people who make me feel really squishy and happy inside, maybe I could just brag about them.
And that's exactly what I aim to do.
So, here's my first blog spotlight: Ladies and gents, I give you....
REAGAN BREINHOLT!!!!! (OOOOOOHHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH, MAJOR CLAPPING)
In addition to writing a delightful blog (which can be found at http://www.reagansblob.com/), Reagan is also an amazing hairstylist, mom to the incredible Piper, wife to the talented Jake, has a brain filled with silliness and sunshine, and has an uncanny knack for all things stylish.
Reagan's daughter Piper was born with Cerebro Costo Mandibular Syndrome and has never been able to come home, but Reagan has dealt with the related challenges in a manner that can only be described as amazing. Hooray, Reagan!
Here's a little interview with the lady herself:
Q: Reagan, you're one of the most stylish people I know. What are some pieces of yours you're really digging right now?
A: Thanks! Woohoo hooray! This question is easy. My clogs. They are so comfortable and I am currently living in them. I took a nap in them the other day and never even noticed! In fact, I woke up satisfied and better rested knowing I looked cuter and taller in my sleep with them on. My two favorite are my black sunset sandals from madewell and my miz mooz hazel sandals in cognac. Did you hear that i sleep in them? Yes? I love them so much. BTW miz mooz is my best kept secret for shoes.
Q: How do you come up with your outfits? Do you try on a bunch of stuff? Do you just get a lightening bolt of a super awesome idea?
A: I do both. I will sometimes try on 20 outfits because it bothers me all day when I don't like what I'm wearing. That sounds really shallow, but getting dressed is one of my favorite things to do! I love to put things together, hooray!
As for the lightening bolt, sometimes Jake will be talking to me about life and just when he thinks I listened real hard, I actually just lightening bolted my new favorite outfit in my head! Sorry Jake, what, do you want me to lie about it?
Also, I definitely get inspiration from my favorite people too. Alexa Chung is my favorite dresser in the world, i try to not just copy, but she's made me more open minded to trying things on in different sizes instead of what fits like a glove. She also gets me wanting to mix less femanine pieces with my heels and girlier items. I love her for that.
Q: I love watching you with your daughter, Piper. Do you have any advice for parents of special-needs kids on how to maintain a positive attitude? (maybe this is a lame question, but I just love how sunshiney you are, and while I've seen you on your bad days, you're always able to pull out of it, and I think that's a huge talent.)
A: Thanks! My best advice is simple: make a huge deal out of the small things. It is just like anything else in life, choosing to focus on the good can really manipulate your actual feelings. Things are really hard some times, but Piper Jane is such a hoot! She lives far away and has never come home, but have you seen her cute little piper hiney-bum? She has to be on a ventilator and that is just a huge nuisance in my opinion, but sometimes she smiles and giggles...and I'm pretty much done for at that point.
It's not easy, and I can get extremely overwhelmed when I start to pick it all apart, but that little pip of a pipsqueak has made my life much better. And cuter. And also a little smellier, but that's alright.
Q: You've also got a huge flair for all things silly. What's it like inside your brain? I'm dying to know!!
A: So silly that I can't even finish this sentence.
But seriously, it's pretty fun in there. Cindy Lauper narrates! Don't be jeal!
Q: Guilty pleasure?
A: This is awkward....the real housewives of new jersey. (crickets chirping)
And big brother.
And sugar too, but I'm working on that.
Wasn't that fun? Isn't she great? Hooray, Reagan! Everyone have a loverly Friday, okay?
7 comments:
Reagan is both hilarious and very wise. I've always admired her attitude. I second that about special needs kids. Even making small efforts to focus on the positive will actually change the way you think and feel about the situation long term.
Awe thanks Andrea! You're the nicest ever!
This is a cool idea for a post. What's more, you interviewed a super cool person, totally fitting!
I would love to meet Reagan and her little girl. By the way, your interview is Oprah worthy.
hey, guys! thanks for reading about Reagan!
Hey, did you see that CJane posted about Reagan and her little sweetie today? She makes me want to hug her and Piper, and then hug my kids.
Reagan is one of the best people I wish I knew personally.
Post a Comment