Tuesday, October 23, 2007

happy halloween



This weekend, we rented a car and loaded up at Costco and Stew Leonard's.....ahhh, the bliss of bulk grocery shopping. I got an economy size wedge of Gouda cheese, which I would like to cradle lovingly and nibble at constantly, but even in New York I think that might be viewed as strange....also, the city is so dirty that it would be impossible to keep my lovely cheese wedge clean...anyhow. The weekend. We loaded up on groceries, and Paul indulged my hankering to pick out a pumpkin, and I think I got the best one!! (Obscure movie reference: Raising Arizona) On Sunday afternoon, we took a drive to....I'm not really sure where. I think Nyack. All I know is that there was a lake, and really pretty trees. And ducks and geese and swans. Oooh, and deer! We were walking around a nearby cemetery, and all of a sudden like 50 deer came running past me! Okay, really it was like five. They were really close, though!! Side note: when my youngest brother John was quite small, we were at Yellowstone, and he saw some deer, and said "My real deers won't let me pet them. They make me so mad!!" How cute is that? So, when the real deer ran past me, it was quite difficult to not laugh, or to see if they would let me pet them. I didn't, though. On Monday night we carved our pumpkin, and quite an enjoyable time was had, let me tell you!! Paul even let me carve a few things. (He gets really nervous seeing me with a knife or scissors. I don't know why. I'm completely trustworthy.) After finishing, we were so proud of our work that we had a little photo shoot with our pumpkin, who I have named Mose. (runner up name: Malachi.) We tried to make the eyebrows look angry, but really it made it look kind of like an evil bunny, so it's our evil bunny pumpkin, named Mose.

pretty lake
pretty trees
my real deer
the evil bunny pumpkin, Mose
Mose watching Heroes with us


6 comments:

Katie M said...

i LOVE mose! i also love trips to the burbs. cradle that gouda, then make bbq chicken pizza with it. mmm.

in regards to the last post, ask your friend if her two kids stay quiet like mose while watching heroes. i didn't think so!!

Christina said...

"Mose" as in Mose from The Office? Great pics.

andrea gale said...

katie- mmmmm, bbq chicken pizza. sounds awwwwesome. I think we'll make that tonight, in fact. Love the comeback. I think I should carry around a picture of Mose in my purse to pull out for just such occasions...

Christina- I've got to give credit for Mose' name to May, who threw that one out there....but I think that Mose from the office was the inspiration...hmmm. I'll have to check.

May! said...

Yes, the name was inspired from The Office. All you need now is an outhouse ...

skt said...

Oh Stewies - I miss your milk and soft serve ice cream and singing chiquita banana and well, everything about you, Stew. Stock up for me!

andrea gale said...

Ahhh, Shelley. Yes, I will happily stock up for you.