Friday, December 21, 2007

silent night

As you can see from the previous post, I haven't been feeling so Christmas-y lately. I've been feeling a little stressed. While normally I would be dancing about in my apron tidying up our apartment and cheerfully preparing Christmas treats while packing for our trip to California (it's my imagination, okay? who cares if this is completely and totally inaccurate?), instead I have found myself wanting nothing more than to curl up in the fetal position with a pan of brownies. I have not packed yet, we leave tomorrow, and I'm feeling the pressure. This morning as I entered the subway station on my way to work, I heard something that changed all of that: rising above the general nastiness of the subway station, a single violin playing Silent Night. For that moment, the weight of my busy week melted away, and I felt.....love. I love my Savior, I love my family, I love my friends. Soaringly beautiful, that love, that music....ahhhh, nice.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Andrea- I really like your blog. It helps me feel so much better. You're so positive! It makes me want to be that positive. Thank for sharing your moments of gratitude.

Andersons said...

A moment of zen...ahhh. Hope you have fun in CA!

mommy2 said...

I, too, was feeling out of the Christmas spirit, then realized that it (the Christmas spirit), revolves around my family. Once I saw you and my beautiful son walk throught the airport terminal, I suddenly felt like I could deck the halls, any hall. Then, on Christmas, when my other equally beautiful son and his lovely wife came into my arms, I knew. This is Chirstmas. Having family, friends, and food. It could be on the Fourth of July, it'd still be Christmas in my heart.
Just thought I'd share that.