I do not care for wind. I think it exists only to make me unhappy. Am I being unfair? I mean, I'm sure it's useful for sailing, and flying kites, and of course it is necessary in movies where some awful storm is coming and the grizzled old sea captain licks his finger and sticks it up in the air and says "Arrrr, thar be a storm brewin' ", but really I personally have little use for it. I have my reasons. I really love lip gloss, the sticky kind to be specific, and let me tell you: sticky lip gloss + hair + wind= cranky Andrea. Also, I really really hate cold, and if you add cold to that, well, let us just not go there. Me no likey. The TV weather people have been spreading their croakings of doom for the last couple of days about the terrible wind and cold set to come our way, and this morning I was determined to be ready. Here's what I put on:
tights
socks
pants
tank top
t shirt
turtleneck
sweater
puffy coat
scarf
hat
gloves
I marched outside this morning a prepared woman. A prepared, puffy woman. Thankfully, I have no doctor appointments that would require me to disrobe, since I think that would take me about 45 minutes.
3 comments:
I am having visions from the Christmas Story..."I can't put my arms down."
Shelley!!! Yes, that's basically what I felt like, but thankfully I didn't fall down.
Okay, hair in sticky lip gloss certainly can be annoying, but why not just own it? You can say that's the look you're going for; the hair adds dimension to your shiny lips; you have a net for catching bugs in case they fly into your mouth; you have a high-protein snack in case you get hungry.
Ah, crickets...
Post a Comment