
I'm cranky. Today, I consumed 910 calories worth of
KFC, to be exact. This is not what made me cranky, but I felt it was worthy of mention. To backtrack, I had my hair cut, and it's.....okay. I did that thing where I went for a haircut fully expecting said haircut to fix whatever inner turmoil I was experiencing (this haircut will make me look like Jennifer
Aniston and help me know if I should go back to school. Like that.). So, I spent all day chanting to myself "it's just hair, it's not that important". After work, I went to do some Christmas shopping. Surely this is deserving of some good karma, right? Wrong. As I waited in the rain on the sidewalk for the light to change, a taxi cab drove through the mother of all puddles, and splashed awful muddy nasty gutter water all over my lovely green coat. I paused to recover from the shock, and thought "
Hmmmm. Nice point, Heavenly Father. I can see that I am experiencing this so that I can see that while I may really dig my green coat, it is just a thing. It is not my life, my happiness does not come from material things." Then, I moved on to severe crankiness, because my coat got
slimed, man!!! That totally stinks. I then rushed to the subway, hoping to get to the cleaners by our apartment in time to drop my coat off. I looked at my watch: 6:45. Dang. The cleaners close at 7:00. I know it maybe will sound a little cheesy, but I said a little prayer that went something like this: "Heavenly Father, I know that this coat is just a thing, but I really want to have it cleaned, and if there's any way to have the cleaners be open, that would be awesome." I got off the subway, walked/ran to the cleaners, which of course was closed, because it was 7:15, when I looked across the street and saw......another dry cleaners!!! All lit up like a beacon!! A shining, good clean laundry smelling beacon!! I ran in, stripped off the coat, handed it over to the blessed dry cleaner guy, and walked home, and looked at my receipt. The thing is, this place is supposed to close at 7:00, too. Thanks, Heavenly Father. I really, really appreciate this.
2 comments:
Okay, I found two positive things - one, that picture is from a previous post, which means you probably only have one cranky picture because you are a happy person. Second, I bet you got a lot of KFC grease on your coat (it's unavoidable), so the mud was a miracle to get you to clean it. Otherwise, you could have walked by some Christmas candles and caught on fire! See, it's all good!
oh, thank goodness that coat got cleaned, it is soooo cute. thank you heavenly father from me too.
Post a Comment