Monday, January 7, 2008

hello, new year

Holy cow, it's been a long time since my last post! Not to worry, I was not abducted by aliens, involved in any illegal activities, or locked up in a drug treatment facility. I was quite safe, in fact, being hosted by our families in Southern California. Of course we were there for Christmas, and also.....my little bro's wedding!!! Holy cow. That's the second time I've said holy cow. Anyhoo. It was warranted. David's new bride is completely awesome, and I'm so excited for them. Up with marriage!!! What can I say? It's a blessed arrangement, a dream within a dream....okay, I totally stole that from the Princess Bride. You caught me. Here are some pics:

Christmas Eve with my family

Christmas morning with my family. I like how my dad looks like he is lording over all his sleepy children.
Christmas day with Paul's family. I heart them.

the happy couple
my little bro, mugging for the camera. soso cute!
the happy couple embrace. and laugh.
I have more pics I could post, but I thought it being the new year and all, I should say something about goals, and I didn't want to lose you. Still there? Good. Now, about goals. I have some, which I actually wrote down this year. I don't usually do this. I mean to, and don't, and the cycle goes on and on, until this year. Here's what I would like to do:
Find more ways to serve my family and friends
Write in my journal at least weekly
Exercise at least twice a week
Figure out what I should be doing with my life (I realize this is no small undertaking. All the same, it seems kind of important.)
And now, here is a list of things that are not goals for me in any way, shape or form:
Growing a mullet (although I would think it great fun to wear a mullet wig as a costume.)
Watching any of the Saw movies
Eating brussel sprouts
Being a contestant on a reality TV show
Just thought you might like to know. Happy New Year, everyone!

6 comments:

redstarmama said...

1. Thank you for clarifying your non-goals. I am glad mullets have been ruled out.
2. There is nothing better than Roger in pajamas on Christmas morning.
3.It was so great to see you and Paul for even an all-too-brief visit. We must do it more often!

Malesa said...

Cute pics. Looks like you had a great holiday!

Anonymous said...

Love the picutres of Davids wedding. They look really happy. Hope you had a good holiday!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you weren't abducted by aliens, you never know.

andrea gale said...

redstarmama-it was so fun to see you peeps! we really loved it, and Paul and I both agreed that you have some seriously cute kids. for reals.

m and p- great to hear from you!

anonymous- thanks!

trudy- believe me, if I'd been abducted by aliens, I'd be writing the screenplay for Lifetime television for women, and you'd all know about it.

skt said...

Ha ha. I love the list of "not goals". Looks like you guys had a blast!