Saturday, January 12, 2008

educating paul

paul and yours truly on Christmas morn (respective facial expressions are an adequate representation of our feelings on holidays that involve waking up early.)

One evening, Paul and I had a disagreement, and I felt the need to educate him on the finer points of communicating with yours truly. You see, he wanted to listen to music that particular evening, and I did not. Here's how our conversation went:

Paul: You never want to listen to music.

Me: Sure I do- I'd just like to be asked what I would like to listen to. (here I felt the need to instruct, and took the ball and ran.) Besides, you shouldn't say "never". It is not a representation of the way things actually are, only how you feel. I like to listen to music, so "never" isn't fair. (here Paul is listening quite intently, trying ever so hard in his cute Paul way to understand me.)

Paul: (looking considerably puzzled) Okay.....why do I feel like you never want to listen to music....please?

I believe afterwards we listened to Coldplay.

5 comments:

redstarmama said...

Coldplay is good sensitive-male-communication music. Good choice, whoever chose it. ;)

Katie M said...

i like this post. guys are silly.

LeolaniNYC said...

obi-one! train those less educated (aka: me) on the skills of educating men.

andrea gale said...

redstarmama- up with Coldplay, indeed!

katie- word up, dude

leolani- sadly, I feel I still have much to learn. Here's one thing I have learned: anything you say sounds a lot better if you're offering their favorite candy while you say it. Am I suggesting bribery? You betcha.

Will said...

Hi Andrea, it is I, Wildon Wu. Found my way here via the redstar. Just thought I'd say hi. The few entries I read were very entertaining and very "you" (or at least what I remember about you).