I like life deep fried, dipped in chocolate, with a side of bacon. Also, extra bacon.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
sick
Well, since my last post, things have backfired a little bit. While my passion for junk food remains intact, it appears that my strategy for consuming said junk food was rather lacking. On Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I ate virtually nothing but sugar, and this did quite a number on my immune system, which then decided to take a week off. I have spent the last week encouraging it to come back. I really didn't mean to offend it- I mean, if it wanted some protein or vitamins so badly, couldn't it just have written me a note? It just seems like retaliating with such a vicious cold and flu virus is a bit drastic. There's no need to overreact, I was planning on eating some bran cereal for breakfast on Tuesday, really I was. Okay, fine, perhaps my body was trying to tell me with the shaky hands and slightly ill feeling that I really didn't need the fourth cupcake or the second package of sugar babies, and I'll be honest, I didn't listen. I'm just saying I'd appreciate it if our bodies could come up with a more straightforward way of warning us that we're about to become sick. A nice note, or a phone call, or maybe a little bell that goes off when it's time to scale back. What I'm trying to say here is "Immune system, please come back. Let's work on this. Maybe over a bowl of bran cereal?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you are feeling better, a week later! I just wanted to tell you I got your message that David is engaged. It was kind of a crazy weekend because Justin's family was here and it was Greer's first birthday. Anyway, just so you know I got the news and it knocked me into a small time warp for a moment! Is he really old enough to be getting married? I mean, I know we're old enough to be adults, but are our siblings really allowed to do that?!
Hey! I am feeling much better, thanks for asking. Isn't it completely crazy that he's getting hitched? All of a sudden I feel old. I don't remember signing anything that said our siblings could grow up. Maybe we could hire Gloria Allred to represent us. She's doing a glorious job for Britney Spears.
Post a Comment