Wednesday, November 4, 2009

take that, junior high P.E.

And the award for Running a Whole Stinking Mile Without Stopping or Puking Her Guts Out goes to......

ANDREA BOOOOEEEREEEM!!!!!

WHAAAA!!!! HOOOOOO!!! HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is such a surprise! I didn't even have a speech prepared. Well, first, I would like to thank BFF Jen Bennion for patiently jogging at a snail's pace with me and saying nice stuff like"you probably won't die" and "really, you're not going to die".

I would also like to thank Jen for bringing her baby Violet, who is one of the Cutest Babies in the World, and I am quite certain my death defying feat would have been impossible were it not for her enthusiastic cooing.

Also I would like to thank Fort Tryon Park for being so leafy and pretty and for not having any potholes for me to fall into and break my ever loving neck. Also thanks to Fort Tryon Park for being so park-y. Really, nice job with those plants.

And a shout out goes to the Hudson River, just for being there. Well done, river. Well done.

And no thanks whatsoever to the minivan and the Toyota Corolla who cut us off in front of the Cloisters. I still did it, but no thanks to you. See what happens when you misbehave? Now I'm not going to put you in my movie.

Lastly, a great big thank you to my body, for not stopping, puking, or dying. Thanks, body. I couldn't have done it without you.

8 comments:

Turbo said...

Hahahahaha. Nice work!!

Justin said...

Now time for CANDY!

redstarmama said...

I almost fell out of my chair when I read this, partly because the idea of running is so repugnant to me right now, and partly because I remember Sequoia Junior High and that blasted field lap. I still cringe when I drive past. You go, marathoner!

Andersons said...

Ms. Dillon (or Hardy) would be so proud! You. Are. Awesome. for not dying. :-)

andrea gale said...

turbo- thanks, dude!!

justin- from your mouth to God's ears. milky way, here i come!!

redstarmama- that field lap was awful. i actually would repeat in my mind that scripture"run and not be weary, walk and not faint". didn't work, though.

andersons- i am having so many flashbacks right now, it's not even funny.

mommy2 said...

Way to go Andrea! Now go for TWO! That's right two. Scoops of ice cream that is.

andrea gale said...

mommy2- i like where your head is at. yes, i do indeed.

Malesa said...

Good job! Today, Ft. Tryon park. Tomorrow, NYC marathon. Right? Or next year.