Monday, November 2, 2009

eating stew with paul (what i love about today)

What I love about today is that it's Paul's birthday.

I also love that I got to take a shower so hot that my skin turned lobster pink, and I love that it's the perfect weather for beef stew and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Most of all, though, I love that it's Paul's birthday.

I'm glad he was born.

Also, I'm glad he grew up and married me even though (or is it because?) I have the entire screenplay for The Music Man, Fiddler on the Roof, and Oklahoma! committed to memory.

And I'm also glad he decided not to abandon me when he found that out.

Also I like the gap in-between his front teeth.

The other thing I love about today is that in approximately one hour and forty minutes, Paul will ring the buzzer and come upstairs and we will eat beef stew and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies together, after which he will allow me to sing Happy Birthday to him even though he doesn't like birthdays at all.

Not even a little bit.

4 comments:

redstarmama said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Boerem! Justin and I are also exceedingly glad you were born, and continue to go on living, even into the advanced decrepitude you have now attained! And also, thank you for continuing to humor your adorably exuberant wife.

Ellen said...

Do you know what I found out by studying The Canterbury Tales in college? That in the middle ages, having a gap between your front teeth was a sign that you had a healthy carnal appetite if you know what I mean.
Just some fun trivia to share with your birthday guy.
Happy birthday, Paul!

Suzy said...

I also have those screenplays committed to memory:) It only makes me love you more! My dad even quotes "Fiddler", esp. with regards to his 3 crazy daughters:) "Tradition!!!", or "If I Were a Rich Man!"

andrea gale said...

redstarmama- mr. boerem appreciates your well wishes, even though you've pointed out the gradually decaying elephant in the room.

ellen- paul really liked that. also i miss you.

suzy- yessss!!! you are my peeps!!!