Paul just got new deodorant.
Not just new as in never been used, but also a new scent.
Swagger.
Uh huh.
What, you may ask, does swagger smell like? Is the scent meant to remind us of someone swaggering, or does the scent cause one to swagger?
Well, let me tell you, I can't wait to find out.
I have long been intrigued by the marketing for men's products. I just adore the names. So silly and man-ish. Lots of words like "ultra", and "max", only they like to add lots extra of the letter "x". Or should I say, exxxtra.
Plus there's the whole man and nature factor. Arctic force. Mountain rush. Axe makes a deodorant with a scent entitled "tsunami". Um, tsunami? For reals? As in a huge ocean wave caused by an underwater earthquake or volcanic eruption? Yummy. I personally would find that irresistible. I'm picturing some guy in marketing thinking "Hmmmmm, tsunami. Sounds powerful. Let's go with that."
So, swagger.
It was either that or pure sport, and the allure of this new and most confident scent was too much to resist.
For a moment I felt the need to compete, and considered switching to a new scent myself. I was concerned. I mean, my own tried and true green tea and cucumber scent has worked very well for me in the past, but this flashy new scent was making me think.
Maybe I want to swagger, too.
I was almost decided upon arctic apple when I realized that I am no longer twelve, and what the heck am I doing, considering switching to a scent like arctic apple? Sheesh. None of my lady scent options were really very cool. I mean, Spanish rose? Asian pear? Powder fresh? Mystic rain? Come on!
Nah. I decided to stick with green tea and cucumber. I still have a little self respect.
This morning as I showered, Paul entered the bathroom. I heard the medicine cabinet open, and then:
"The scent of confidence!!"
I chuckled.
"What? I swagger sometimes."
Paul just walked in. He asked what I was posting about.
Deodorant, I said.
He grinned.
"I'm getting my swagger on!"
Geez.
9 comments:
Andrea, speaking of titles, once again I find your blog super happy and fun, as advertised. --Jake
Paul must be so much more confident now. I bet all his patients' trust in him has gone up by at least 50%.
I though that I noticed a little swagger in him when I saw him tonight.
I have given up hope of ever convincing Justin to switch to something like this. He is pretty much married to the good ol' Sure Original Solid in Original scent. Maybe that says something, too. I hope yo uenjoy the swagger as much as Paul does.
Whatever it takes to make the guy feel good about himself. That's what I always say.
I almost bought the Swagger deodorant last week too. But I decided that I just wasn't hip enought to rock a scent that cool.
I am a deoderant lover as well. I never thought to take the scenting issue as deep as you have!! I love it.
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment