Sunday, May 11, 2008

i heart moms

mom. i love you so much, mom!
mom in law. i heart you forever!
the best sister ever. ever!
the best sister in law in the world


My mom just totally blew my mind. In the best sense. She was telling me about how she felt when she first became a mother, and I have to say that's one story I never, EVER get tired of hearing. Fitting for a first child, right? Me!!! I was the first!!! I could listen forever to her tell me about when she first saw my face, and we looked into each other's eyes, and how she felt like I looked into her soul. Which I did. Also I was probably trying to communicate with the power of my mind that I really wanted some milk. Anyhoo. She said, and this is what blew my mind:

" Motherhood is.....a revelation. Just a complete revelation. I have never understood so well just how much, and how completely God loves us as when I've just had a child. I experienced it for the first time with you. I've experienced it five times.....each time, just pure revelation. God loves us so much."

Mind blowing, no? Yep, that's MY mom. Boo-yeah!!

I love it. I love moms. You know what? I think in a way, all women are mothers. My sister? Kids aren't even a blip on her horizon yet, but this one time, when she was a senior in high school and I was going through a difficult time, she woke up at 3:00 in the morning, just so she could read me a favorite scripture of hers before I left for work. Tell me that's not the work of an awesome mom! See, I knew you couldn't. My sister in law? Well, I don't know if I've EVER seen someone so good with kids in my whole life, and when she has kids she's going to rock that whole scene like crazy. For reals. And my mother in law? Let me tell you. You go over to their house, and you just try to not feel loved. Go ahead. I dare you.
And my mom. I don't think the words have been invented yet for how much I love my mom, but here's an attempt:
crazystrongunbeatableeternalheartloveforever
I think that covers it, almost.
Nice work, Heavenly Father. Thanks for moms.

5 comments:

Ryanne said...

Woohoo! My first mother's day tribute! You are the absolute sweetest!

redstarmama said...

Amen, my friend, amen!

Lulu said...

Your mother is amazing. In fact, my amazing mother and your amazing mother are very close friends!! My mom misses your mom very much, and will you tell your mom for me that I am truly grateful for her taking care of my mom's heart and being such a good friend to my mom in all times of need? Thanks.

mommy2 said...

Wow. I don't think I have the words that can accuratly express my feelings right now. And you know me--I ALWAYS have some words. I love you my Andrea. And some day you will have that same sense of momdom (like kingdom only you are the momqueen). I heart you forever.

mommy2 said...

And I misspelled a word...!