Yesterday morning, at approximately 9:50am, the blender belonging to Paul and Andrea Boerem passed away, due to complications related to excessive smoothie making. Known simply as Blender, he (although gender is uncertain) was adopted a little over a year ago and while little is known of his early life, his Cuisinart heritage speaks volumes. He was known for his love of pureeing soups, and especially enjoyed preparing frozen hot chocolate. While blending was of course his strong suit, he did moonlight as a food processor, and would frequently attempt more difficult projects, like raw carrots. He was largely unsuccessful.
When not involved in the pulverization of foodstuffs, Blender enjoyed hobbies, such as sitting in one place not moving at all. He was frequently frustrated by his inability to speak due to being an inanimate object and sited as his hero Pinocchio, or would have sited Pinocchio as his hero were he able to communicate actual thoughts and feelings.
Paul and Andrea would like to champion Blender's admirable work ethic. At a time when many other blenders would have chosen to spend the remainder of their waning lives on a sun-drenched counter top in Miami, Blender continued to puree, dice and blend like a champion.
Blender is survived by the Toaster, and Waffle Iron. Following the traditional mourning period of one day and a rigorous selection process, Blender has been replaced by Blender No. 2, who is considerably less modest than Blender, and has already indicated that he would like to rule the world, or at the very least the kitchen.
In lieu of flowers, ice would be greatly appreciated.
14 comments:
At first I thought it was something serious! Aren't Cuisinarts supposed to last longer than a year? I am so very sorry. Although, you replaced Blender 1 so quickly, I wonder if you truly had time to mourn.
the survived by part made my day.
I'm stuck on how carrots even got into your apartment...
My sincerest condolences. The Blender is dead. Long live the Blender.
I extend my deepest sympathies to you and Paul during this time of loss. You will be in my prayers. Along with Justin's motorcycle.
I'm sorry for your loss. 'Tis a sad day indeed.
My condolences - we too have had many a smoothie maker die from excessive smoothie making and are currently nursing a severely handicapped one back to health via jerry-rigging, though the prognosis does not look good.
My deepest sympathies dear cousin of mine. I feel your pain. I recently lost my hand mixer which was tragically lost after attemting to make too many batches of cookies. I would send you some ice, but would probably melt in the mail.
You've got quite a way of looking at the malfunctioning of an appliance. Our toaster just killed over and j and I have been forcing it to continue performing with a rubber band. No quick, peaceful slip from this life. A slow, painful death inflicted by its beneficiaries. Alas, it's gone and our counter is longing for a new one.
It is good to know that blender is in a better place and that it was loved.
I feel for your loss as well. I know how it is to lose something that you love so much. At least you know what happened to your beloved. Mine has just gone missing... I don't know if my soul will rest until I know Honda's fate. I pray that I will learn of his fate before I pass away so I can rest easily in the grave.
While on call at the hospital (I'm supposed to be studying) I found your blog, via another blog. Maybe we can see you guys again, for more than five minutes, sometime in the next 5 1/2 mos before we move.
so, what did you get that is considerably less modest than a Cuisinart?
You are hilarious my friend.
I'm sorry, but Blender totally had it coming.
Post a Comment