Tuesday, November 13, 2007

your opinion, please?

I really, really dig this coat. I am quite tempted to purchase this coat, and have just purchased these boots. Paul does not think that the green coat and the aubergine boots go together. I, however, think it could work. There is another coat in navy that I like as well, but I love the bright green-y color of this one. What do you think?? Go for it, or not?







10 comments:

Miggy said...

Ahem. . . if I may. This looks like a JCrew coat. I myself invested in one of their beautiful coats a while back--it's in a bright blue color. I love this coat. The lining is ripping and needs to be replaced, but for the most part this coat is just as beautiful as the day I purchased it and was one of the best purchases I ever made. Get the coat. It suits you and I love the green color. Very Kicky. And the boots will look great with it.

Katie M said...

get it! it's your birthday sunday! get it!

redstarmama said...

I am so glad you got the aubergine boots! And as far as the coat, I have an unfortunate neurosis involving color coordination and it would probably freak me out to wear these colors together, but I can totally see you wearing them. You have a freedom I can never dream of, and I live vicariously, in cute boots and green coat, through you.

Julia said...

It works-- I love the coat.

LeolaniNYC said...

i say go for it also. it totally works and you could totally pull it off.

Anonymous said...

The boots are way cute and I think they would go good with the coat. Definatly go with the green. Be bold my friend!

andrea gale said...

Ahhh, thank you, all, for your knowledge and expert opinions. I am most grateful. I think I am going to get it....I'm kind of famously indecisive when it comes to buying things like coats. I do a " I love it! I'm going to get it!!" or a "Well, I don't really need it...I don't think I'm going to get it." every couple of minutes. Hmmmmm. We'll see....

skt said...

I'm a big fan of hunter's wellies - you can't go wrong w/ those. The coat is cute too and the colors work together. I don't know if you're a big fan of yellow but that color goes super well w/ purple and there are some slick, classy coats jcrew just came out w/ in the color.

merebuff said...

I saw the coat the other day, and thought to myself that I needed to tell you about it. Glad to see you found it on your own. Green and aubergine (aka purple) make a great combo.

andrea gale said...

shelley- I actually love the color yellow, but I've never really tried wearing it....I saw the yellow JCrew coats, and they are pretty adorable, it's just that I know green looks good on me...you do make a good case for yellow. Hmmmm.

Meredith- Aaahh, glad to see we're channeling each other. This is fun!