Monday, August 30, 2010

sunday looks like this

 

 

 

 


Yesterday in nursery was awesome.

Two words:

Toilet.

Naked.

Yep.

So, our adorable Ella has graduated to the world of toilet-trained humans (an achievement worthy of fanfare, to my mind)and after snack time she proudly announced that she had to, um, go.

So, she went.

We have a little bathroom in our nursery with a kiddie-sized toilet. And I think this must have been Ella's first time using it, because the minute she closed the door she yelled out "HEY GUYS THIS TOILET IS JUST THE RIGHT SIZE!!!"

Which was fantastic.

I mean, spread the word, right?

And then later it was time to color and so I handed out papers and was like "Okay, you can draw a picture of anything! Maybe make it something you're thankful for, like your family, or something like that...."

And as Ella carefully selected her allotted two crayons she stated "I AM GOING TO DRAW A PICTURE OF MY MOM NAKED."

Which was fantastic.

So, Ella drew a picture of her mom, naked. And when her dad came to pick her up, just to make sure he appreciated her artistic vision, she said "THIS IS A PICTURE OF MOM NAKED."

I. LOVE. NURSERY.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

redstarmama said...

First of all, I love that your nursery has a pint-sized potty adjoining. Also, I wish that the Aptos Ward nursery could make a field trip to visit you.

Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Katie said...

These stories are SO classic.

Malesa said...

I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying right now.

Andersons said...

Nursery is SO much cooler than cub scouts. I love all your stories!

Miggy said...

I'm so glad you're writing these down. I hope Ella's parents keep that picture for time and all eternity.

Jen Bennion said...

Oh Ella! Love that girl.

kelly anne said...

hahahaha! that is the best story ever.

celeste said...

Awesome.

andrea gale said...

thanks, guys!! i want you all to come party with me in nursery. especially you, redstarmama. i think a field trip is in order.

Kendra Leigh said...

And, unfortunately for me, that's not the first time she's drawn such a picture.

Nikki CB said...

That is hilarious!! I love it.

Nikki CB said...

And that was your Ella, Kendra? Sweet!

Bookwormmama said...

Andrea, this was the funniest thing I have read in a long time! :]