Thursday, April 30, 2009

poor crazy dude

So, I'm walking to school today when I see this dude standing sort of close to the curb. He's gesturing to no one in particular, and talking in this kind of high sing-song-y voice, and as I watch him I think,

Awww. Poor crazy dude.

He doesn't look like your average crazy dude. He's wearing skinny jeans, for pete's sake. I don't know what the correlation is with skinny jeans and mental health, but there you go.

As I pity the poor crazy dude and think about how sad it is that no one is actually talking back to him, the crowd ahead of me parts, and I see:

His young daughter.

As I walk past I think how funny, that schizophrenia and attempting to parent a child present in such similar manners.

Poor crazy dude.

4 comments:

Callie Ann said...

YOU ARE SO DANG FUNNY. I love it, whole heartedly.. 100%. It makes me smile, every single time.

Andersons said...

So I AM crazy!

Unknown said...

You are so freaking talented.
Relating skitzo whatever to parenting. Ain't the truth.

andrea gale said...

callie ann- thanks, dude. thanks!

andersons- hey, it's not your fault kids start out tiny so if they're behind a bunch of people it looks like you're talking to nobody...just saying.

marianne- thanks! say hi to california for me. ask it if it would consider moving to new york.