4/14/92, 8:08pm
"Today was awfully sleepy. The old ache is back. I feel kind of empty. What hurts the most, though, is feeling so lonely and not being able to tell anyone. I keep thinking that somewhere there's a friend that I can really talk to . The sky is unhappy, because I am. I can tell. When I am happy the sky is violet, or a deep blue. Tonight, it is a sad blue. I do have friends that nobody knows about. The moon is my friend, and one star that is always above my window. That sounds horribly childish, but it is true."
Geez.
Someone really should have limited my L.M. Montgomery intake.
****Addendum: I was thirteen when I wrote this, so don't worry. While I do have very positive feelings regarding the moon, stars and sky, I no longer consider them to be close personal friends. I feel more than slightly embarrassed that apparently at one time, I did.****
6 comments:
lol Ask Helaman sometime about my preteen diary he stole, read and laughed about for hours!
Not only is the journal entry awesome in a pathetic teenage way, but equally fabulous is the fact that the first time I read this, I neglected to notice that it was from 1992. I was all set to call you and tell you that you really can talk to me.
I think I exceeded my L.M. Montgomery quota many times during those years, too.
I really admire your bravery for posting your old diaries. I shudder to think what's in mine. Probably a lot of the same stuff. L.M. Montgomery understood us well. Don't you still wish sometimes you had an "alabaster brow"? I know I do.
It's good to have you back blogging, even if it's the 1992 you.
christina- dude, gotta love the pre-teen diary. painful. funny. painfully funny.
redstarmama- i totally just got a concerned email from my mom! hence the addendum. i'm pretty sure i had just finished the Emily of New Moon series when i wrote this.
ellen- brave, foolish, such relative terms, right? man, i TOTALLY wanted an alabaster brow! i think i aspired to be just like Ruby Gillis. she seemed super glamorous.
i'm sitting here laughing. i think it's so funny that we can't connect on the phone. obviously i missed the window of your spring break. i think it's because i'm waiting for a chunck of time to open up and that doesn't happen until the kids are in bed. then it's late for you. but we will be in NYC in two days so maybe will get a conversation in person =)
eryn- awesome!!! when are you guys going to be out here? i would LOVE to see you!
Post a Comment