So, it's been approximately a million years since my last post. Apparently when I get stressed typing is impossible, what with all the curling up in the fetal position and thumb sucking and all.
Well, after some lengthy pep talks from Paul, my mom, and my good friends Ben and Jerry, I have crawled out from under the table, pried my shriveled thumb from my mouth, consumed several pounds of sugar, and, I am pleased to say, feel much better. A month plus of sugar consumption and thumb sucking will do that for you.
So, uh, yeah....
Here I am.
Let's see, what has happened in a month? Well, my brother Walt got married, which came as a huge shock since I thought he was still nine (turns out he's quite a bit older), and I had spring break, during which I watched a lot of Gilmore Girls, shouted "SPRING BREAK!!!" quite loudly at random and talked a lot about running around in a string bikini while holding a red plastic cup filled with root beer because I've heard that's what the kids do during spring break nowadays. Well, maybe not the root beer part.
It was a good week and a half. I ate like a five year old and stayed up until two in the morning a couple of times and once I even forgot to brush my teeth.
It was wild.
Now, I'm back at school and facing something most distressing:
I think maybe my literature teacher doesn't like me.
I've had my fears, but today when I approached her after class to ask for clarification of a word she scribbled at the end of one of my papers and she didn't beam with smiles as she gave her response I thought, hey. Does she not like me?
I thought about it all the way to the subway.
I mean, I'm at every class. I'm punctual. I turn in all of my assignments in a timely fashion, participate in class, come up with some fairly un-stupid ideas. What's not to like?
Am I obnoxious? I mean, I do sit at the front of every class, and maybe I do beam from ear to ear when she walks in, but that's just because I really like her class. Geez. Listen to me. I can't stand me.
Maybe I should sit in the back, and look sort of morose and troubled. Yeah, that's good.
Is it because I wore that bright pink lipstick last week? Dang. I'm too girly. I knew it! Okay, so I'll put on some sort of ripped clothes, and maybe they should be flow-y. Yeah, flow-y is good. I won't wear any makeup, and I'll perhaps neglect to put on a foundation undergarment and buy a pair of thick soled sandals and run them over with my neighbor's stroller a few times to make it look like I wear them to all my PETA meetings.
Yeah, that's good.
I feel better having a plan. Maybe then she'll like me.
12 comments:
I'm SO glad you are back.
I LOOOOOVE your posts, almost in a creepy stalker way. Almost.
I feel for you Andrea! My science teacher doesn't like me. Although I'm not too crazy about her myself. To tell you the truth, no one is!!!!!! By the way, what is Peta? Love your blog!!!!
Your brother,
John
I agree with Callie.Ann, I missed your blog!
andrea darling i love your blog! it's awesome!
and i lovelovelove gilmore girls and gilmore girl marathons... i think i had like three last summer.
i'm sorry about your teacher. that's always frustrating when they don't like you... my third grade teacher didn't like me... she always called my parents and told them how horrible i was. luckily i was completely oblivious. i thought she was awesome. maybe that's the key. just act like you're oblivious to her dislike... or perhaps she was just having a bad day!
don't stress too much!!
At this very moment, I'm picturing you alone in your apartment with your red cup. "SPRING BREAK!!!!"
I think your teacher is just jealous. After all, you are awesome and witty and have excellent taste in television programs. It's kinda hard to keep up with.
glad to see YA Back sounds like a great spring beak to me
MR. B
callie ann- thanks for the kind words! also thanks for not being a stalker. that is completely awesome of you.
little john- PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and i must admit that having never been to a meeting, i am only assuming that those in attendance wear thick soled sandals. also if your science teacher doesn't like you, she's crazy. how could anyone not like you?
sandy- thanks! say hi to T for paul and meself!
kelly anne- i think that is some awesome advice. oblivion. i love it!!!
andersons- it was wild, i'm not going to lie. copious amounts of sugary beverages were consumed. how's things in your life? say hi to the cutest kids in the world for me!
merebuff- yay, merebuff!! yippeee times like fifty! oh, i miss you. come back from lebanon, okay? or maybe move lebanon to new york. or maybe visit.
mr. b- thanks, dude!
I had the same problem with Walt- there is no way he is old enough to be married! And yoru teacher must like you, what is not to like!
trudy ann- dude, i know, isn't walt still like nine? thanks for the support, man. i appreciate it!
Andrea Gale Boerem. I have missed your posts. Awesomely talented that's for sure. Next spring break I picture you in Hawaiian garb watching arrested development.
marianne- sounds good to me! say hi to california for me, m kay?
Post a Comment