
The Queen of Hearts gets manicures. I mean, why wouldn't she? If I were Queen, I'd get manicures daily. No, make that twice daily. No, thrice daily! I think when you're Queen, the word thrice is very big. I had a point. Oh! So, there's this woman who works at the hospital who looks exactly like the Queen of Hearts. I first saw her at a computer training course. I sat across from her, and had an extremely difficult time concentrating. I kept wanting to shout "Off with her head!!". It wouldn't have been appropriate. On the last day of the class, I came very near to telling her she looked exactly... like a dear auntie of mine (um, yeah! that's it!), and would she mind if I took her picture, but my better instincts told me not to. Also, I was afraid she might sit on me.
I saw her again in an elevator, and was really quite thrilled. I felt like we had a history, even if she didn't know it. I did my best to send telepathic messages to the other people in the elevator, not wanting them to miss out on an opportunity to see the Queen (of Hearts), but I don't think anyone got it. Yesterday, I went for a manicure while on my lunch break, and as I happily breathed in the toxic fumes and admired my freshly painted nails, I saw her! She was getting a manicure!! I was de-lighted. Hey, I shouted inwardly, you know you're a pretty great villain! I mean, not as great as Maleficent because I think we can all agree she's the best villain ever, but you're pretty great! So, you get manicures too, huh? Cool. Me too. So, remember when we were in class together? Can I have a picture taken with you so I can show my friends? Or, would you mind shouting "Off with your head!!"? That would be awesome.
I totally get why she came to New York. Fresh start, get lost in the crowd, work at a hospital. I bet she got crazy bad press when Alice went public.
5 comments:
Everyone famous lives in NYC! And I totally agree with the placement of Maleficent as greatest villian. Love to hate her!
She has a unibrow too? Poor woman! People watching in NY is one of my favorite pastimes.
I wonder what story is going on in her mind when seeing you all the time as well. I am thinking something along the lines of Snow White.
I have to tell you that I laughed rather loudly at the though of you blurting out "off with her head!" during the middle of a training session.
I love the peeks into your life and mind. You are such an amazing person. You make me laugh. (That of course is meant to be a good thing)
Post a Comment