I'm on winter break right now.
As I type, I am in my pajamas and Gilly is sitting on my lap, napping. Sissy is curled up on the ottoman and her whiskers are twitching, which probably means she's dreaming about soft food, or chasing her catnip filled toy mouse.
I like this winter break thing. For the last three months, I rushed from school to work and from work to home and I can count on one hand the number of times I cooked something that didn't come from a blue box.
I kind of overestimated my multitasking abilities last semester. I was all "sure, I can work part time and go to school and be a wife and get all A's and stuff. No problem." But know what? When you're not eighteen any more, sometimes your body is all like "Nope. You actually can't do that. Sorry." And then you get your first B and it kind of stinks but you get over it.
My stomach is gurgling at me. Time for lunch now.
8 comments:
I think you should throw a party for that B. Call it the "Way better than a C- party". I would so bring goodies to that party.
aubrey. i miss you like the dickens. did i get a cute little message from addi a while back? can you remind me why arizona is so far from new york? because i really don't understand that.
Glad to see you back writing. :) Miss you, lady!
It is worse when you get your first c, don't let that happen. It really stinks. That is the day you pull out the Ben and Jerry's and eat the whole thing guilt free :) Your smart and beautiful, and a B is an excellent grade. Can't wait to see you next month!!
Yay, you're back!
i love you guys. really.
you are neat. i hope i see you on the train again soon. or better yet, my living room couch for a carb fest. how 'bout it?
carly, that sounds magical. i love the way that sounds. maybe i'll even try carrots again....
Post a Comment