Sunday, January 24, 2010

that about clinches it

This evening as Paul and I sat, Paul watching football and me attempting to watch football, Paul cast a loving gaze upon our cat, Gilly. As he cradled her gently in his arms, he cooed:

"I would follow you into war."

If we weren't already crazy cat people, I'm pretty sure we are now. I think once the phrase "I would follow you into war" is uttered to a cat, you are automatically inducted into some secret club and I fully expect a welcome package to appear on our doorstep tomorrow morning, complete with T-shirts and mugs.

Good grief.

5 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

that's wonderful. i should have been a part of that club a long time ago, so where's my welcome package? please, please, please let it include refrigerator magnets. . .

redstarmama said...

What, no secret club cryptic license plate frames? Then forget it.

Kelly DeBie said...

I really want to be part of that club too. I desperately miss having a kitty...and I think my walls could benefit from a cat poster. ;)

Justin said...

Maybe Dan Brown will use that secret club as the subject of his next book.

Unknown said...

Ah, Dan Brown, I can read it now, secret messages in kitty litter.
But, there is a club, and sadly, no mugs. But there are sweatshirts! Go to Cabalas...