You know how they say when God closes a door He opens a window?
Well, for us God closed a door and opened.....
A dishwasher.
That's right. A dishwasher. Paul and I just got the excellent news that our application to a lovely one-bedroom apartment just a block or so away from our present location has been accepted, and that apartment has A DISHWASHER!!!!
I know, I know, some might call our decision to downsize just as we are in active pursuit of posterity somewhat counter-intuitive, but we can save like five hundred bucks a month, and since this apartment comes equipped with this most desirable of amenities, it just seemed like a wise decision.
A DISHWASHER!!!!!!
No more will utensils lie unwashed in the sink because Paul and I both hate washing them. Gone are the days of letting dishes dry on top of the stove, gone are the days of....well, I guess those are the only days that come to mind. You get the idea.
We're really excited about this dishwasher.
8 comments:
When I was looking for somewhere to live last year, my one requirement that i would not compromise on was a dishwasher.
i <3 my dishwasher.
hooray, dishwashers are the best. You are not downsizing, you are moving up in the world! Can I help you move?
when ryan and i first got married we took a rent payment cut by living in an apartment without a dishwasher. and we both thought, "there's just the two of us, how man dishes could there be?"
A LOT. so that dishwasher? that sounds amazing.
a dishwasher...YES! i got my first dishwasher after Matt and I had been married for almost three years! It was heaven, and I have never gone back! and heck, a baby can share your bedroom until they are like 5 right? :)
Congratulations! It still amazes me that in a city where anything is available at anytime, you have lived without a dishwasher for 6 years. Of course, you have also lived with things I might cheerfully trade my dishwasher for...Shake Shack, anyone?
hey-
i sent an email to your aol account. i just wasn't sure if you still use that account or not, let me know if not so i can resend.
a dishwasher is a very good thing!
You're never leaving NY now.
Before we moved into our present home, the only dishwasher I had was me. Congratulations on your new dishwasher. When do you move?
Post a Comment