Thursday, June 25, 2009

i fly through the air with the greatest of ease






I'm seriously considering joining the circus.

Now, you might be wondering why. I get that. I have at no point in my life expressed any interest in exotic animals, body distortion or face paint, run of the mill makeup excepted. Truth be told, I'm as surprised as you. For reals.

It's just that I took a trapeze class with my good friend Gail, and I'm sort of in love. See, I've never been good at sports. Ever. Sports and I have endured a strained relationship for quite a long time, honestly.

You know, I'd try to pay attention, but obviously I wasn't, and sports would try to be less cryptic and tone down the body painting, but that was sort of denying who sports was, so we were at an impasse.

Until Monday, when my life changed because of trapeze class. I was like, hey, Sports! You never told me about trapeze class! This is just swinging!

And just like that, we've reconciled.

Also maybe I won't join the circus, because Paul is really scared of clowns.

So, here are some pics of my adventure. If you'd like to read about my past history with sports, I am a guest blogger for my awesome friend May today. May is maybe one of my favorite writers ever. Check her out. She will rock your world with her insight. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll go home happy. Get to know her, and find out why I love her so much.

12 comments:

May said...

I've never seen someone look so gleeful ... gleeous ... glee-y? while floating through the air. Everyone has a sport, and I'm glad you found yours. Look at you! Weee!

I've always wanted to be good at the stilts.

Also, thanks for the shout-out.

Trudy Ann said...

i am very impressed! i was adventurous a couple of months ago and took a pole dancing class, was absolutly hilarous!

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

How randomly cook is that. I love it.

Miggy said...

HA! HAHA! You did it! And yeah, I have to say you've got a look of glee and pure joy on your face. I think you may have found your calling in life. Well, one of them anyway...

redstarmama said...

You are now the coolest person I know.

(Just to set the record straight, you have always been so high on that list that the air was too thin to breathe, but you ahve now reached the summit.)

Will said...

I loved your guest-writing. I can totally imagine your whole experience. And then I get sad because I remember that I probably was your chin's height back then.
What you lack in sporting ability is now hidden by your excellence in writing.

mommy2 said...

Thanks for not joining the circus. Loved the pics... proof you can rise above everything.

Andersons said...

Look at you Mrs. Have-No-Fear! You are awesome. :-)

Carol said...

You are amazing and fearless. You are in pure bliss!

Tamara said...

I am so glad that you had such a great time....it was one of my favorite things to do in NY!!

Debbie said...

LOVE the pics. I thought they were just paste ins until I recognized your face!!! So crazy fun.

andrea gale said...

everyone- thanks for your comments! up with adventure! you guys are awesome. awesome times fifty.