Tonight, it was my turn to pick the movie. We've been on a bit of an action-y kick lately which I love, don't get me wrong, but tonight I was feeling a different sort of vibe. The frilly, English accent, girls twittering over letters fraught with meaning sort of vibe.
Paul, much to his credit, totally ponied up and watched Emma with me. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more: watching the movie, or watching Paul watch the movie. Here are just a few highlights:
Paul: I didn't understand a word they just said.
Andrea: Well, we don't know it yet, but Frank Churchill is secretly engaged.
Paul: Who?
Andrea: Frank Churchill.
Paul: But I thought he was secretly in love with Emma.
Andrea: No, that's Knightly.
Paul: Who?
Andrea: See, that is Frank Churchill and he's secretly engaged to Jane Fairfax.
Paul: Who?
Andrea: That one.
Paul: Blue dress girl? Why don't they just call her blue dress girl? That would be so much easier.
4 comments:
Or was Paul just acting that way so you wouldn't suspect that he liked it? HA HA HA! I don't know. It was a little sketchy him accepting to watch it in the first place. Maybe he's just better than me because I would never accept to watch it. Maybe I will try waching it someday if my wife will want to watch it (hopefully not!!!)
Your brother,
John
Jane Fairfax is very elegant... also, my favorite is the Reverend Elton and his wife... hilarious.
little john- i suspect you may be right. that pdb is a tricky one!
hudgi- alan cumming is hilarious!! i love the actress who plays his wife. watch nicholas nickelby, if you haven't already. you'll love it!
This MUST be a guy thing! My hubby sat watched Pride & Prejudice with me (Both versions...i was impressed)
But he referred to Kiera Knightly as "neck girl" and then another character as "bug eye".
Post a Comment