"I looked in to adoption benefits at my work."
That's what Paul said when I called him at lunch a few weeks ago.
"Wow! Okay, you're feeling good about this?" I'm trying to keep my voice from doing cartwheels.
"Yeah, I feel good. Let's get this thing started!"
Okay, he's got cartwheel voice going on, too. I hang up the phone.
And grin.
A feeling washes over me, a feeling sort of like the first time I had grape soda, standing in Albertson's with my dad. Only this is a fizzy warm feeling, and the soda was fizzy and cold, but that's beside the point.
The point is, we're going to adopt a baby.
Yessssssss.
I have lots of thoughts and feelings. I'll talk about them later. Right now I'm just going with the warm fizzy.
I felt like the Yip Yips, my childhood friends from Sesame Street, capture my feelings best in their classic song. Enjoy!
I like life deep fried, dipped in chocolate, with a side of bacon. Also, extra bacon.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
putting our hat in the ring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
42 comments:
That is amazing news, you guys! Congratulations and good luck with everything!
thanks, turbo. good times.
Wow. Wonderful. I'm so happy for you two.
YEEESSSS! (me feeling your exuberance!). You are both going to be awsome parents! It makes me cry just thinking about it. love and miss you...hoping to get to NYC soon, but if you are in Simi you must call me, because I am only 2 hours away from there now!!
love,
your favoritist cuz!
Yeah!!!! That is so exciting! I'm getting warm fizzies for you too! Congrats and good luck.
Being already privy to this info, and having already had our own celebration in this regard, I can simply continue my giddy squeal of joy in your behalf. And also commend you on your Yip Yip video. I have always been partial to the Yip Yips myself.
HOORAY!!! That is fantastic! news!!!
arly,jeppsons, malesa, redstarmama, meridth- thanks, all of you!! you guys are like fifty kinds of awesome.
Wow!!! Good luck. I hope the process goes smoothly for you two. Much... many... much happiness.
Whatever child you are blessed with is SO lucky to be in your home! (And they don't even know it yet.)
This child will be smothered with love and chocolate. Just as it should be.
Of course you choose to do this when we leave. I hope they're not related.
I think your family will be just like the Yip, Yip Family. "Yip, yip, yip, yip, yip, yip, yip, yip, family!" I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!
Congrats cuz! love you tons. and speaking of yip yips, I made a yip yip costume for my roommate for halloween.
joe, andersons, marci- thanks for the support!
scott- love and chocolate are the most important things to give a kid, right? also, we were planning on having a kid, and then making you guys babysit so then the kid would be a genius, but you and ellen had to move to chicago, WHATEVER.....
trudy- yip yip costume, huh? that sounds kind of fantastic. my dream costume, actually.
YAY! We are so excited for you! You'll be fabulous parents! Your children will be so lucky and blessed!
Oh ANDREA!!! Blessings in abundance, may they fall upon both your heads. Great video! Lots of love from all us Beuses :-)
nyc vdg- thanks, miss you!
debbie- yay!! so good to hear from you!
Congratulations, you two!! This is incredibly wonderful news. What joy awaits!
awesome, so awesome andrea! keep us all updated. love you!
Andrea, this brought tears to my eyes. I am so excited for you. PS. I love how your blog profile pic makes it look like you are a regular bicyclist.
Thanks, katie and kiwimommy!!
Christina- aw, man! now everyone knows I'm not an avid cyclist. dang.
Andrea-
Hooray! That is so exciting for you guys! I can't wait to talk more about it with you! Hooray, hooray, hooray! Warm fizzy to you!
And what an awesome, awesome yippy song. :) Thanks for sharing your news.
(p.s. I think I need to come up with some brilliant way to make it clear that it is not YOU posting when I add a comment. Andrea-D-2? Sign off "the other Andrea"? Discuss my love of fruit and vegetables in every post? Just don't want to lead any loyal readers astray. Hmmmm....must ponder on this one.)
Do it! That Yip Yip song freaked me out!
andrea- the vegetable thing would be a dead giveaway. or, we could be andrea 1 and andrea 2......
justin- freaked out by the yip yips, huh? paul's big fear is clowns. i personally am freaked out by neither.
That is awesome and incredible and everything else that everyone else said. We really are so happy for you!
thanks, kelli!
Give the adoption agency your blog address and they will be convinced, that any child born into this world will thrive in your household! Wooo Hooo! Congrats! You guys will be great parents!
My heart leaps like gazelle for the two of you (movie line). What a lucky future-kid.
I have NEVER seen that particular YIP episode. Amazing news and of course, the perfect song to accompany. Beeeg yippin' hugs!
I love you guys :o) You make my heart happy.
My heart is happy too! and it'ssinging. I cannot wait to see my grandchild all decked out in a Halloween costume (pink tutu no doubt for a girl--or a yip yip for a boy) and just think about CHRISTMAS!!! Grammy's gonna have to make lots of trips to NYC.
If that isn't the awesomest news I've heard in a long, long time. I am so, so happy for you!
Regarding the Yip-Yips, you and I are on the same wavelength.
You already know how many good baby vibes I am sending your way! I cant wait to hear all about this process...
Teary. That is what I am right now. I'm so excited for you guys!! WONDERFUL news! :)
diane, will, natasha, ryanne, mommy2, may, s. miles, kaedi- thanks for the good baby vibes!! i can use all the help i can get.
so exciting! you guys are going to be amazing parents...
Congrats you too! I hope it all goes as smooth as ice cream. You will make great parents. How fun! Happy, Happy , Joy, Joy!
Thanks, Jess! Thanks, Jenny! Happy happy, joy joy. Word up.
Andrea! I know it's been a long time, but I just read this and am so excited for you guys. I'm really happy for you guys. THis is amazing! And I miss you!
Andrea, this is super-uber awesome!
I am so excited for you both! No doubt, you will be incredible parents... I would have loved to have you for parents... especially because you live in NYC and you don't like vegetables! LOL
And when you're feeling overwhelmed with a new baby, call my house and hear the chaotic noise in the background and you will be comforted! And then you can adopt a few more.... LOL
Love you
Steph
Nikki, yippee!! So great to hear from you!! Has your little peanut been born yet? I don't remember when you're due.
Bookwormmama- he, he. What on earth am I going to do about the vegetable thing?
You and Paul will be fantastic parents! I am so happy I looked your blog! It has filled my dull/boring day with warm FUZZY! I am so excited...I just want to reach through the computer monitor and give you one big sloppy HUG!!
Post a Comment