Saturday, September 27, 2008

Westley and Buttercup

I would like to introduce you to our new cats, Westley and Buttercup. Westley is the dashing feline on the right; Buttercup is the dainty grey kitty on the left. While the decision to get cats felt like a fairly natural one for us, you, like our friend Colin, might have the reaction "Why?" and then again, "No, really. Why?" Well, in answer to your question, we felt a void. A void that could only be filled by adopting two furry, meowing creatures. Still more of you remembering my inability to keep plants alive might wonder if I am up to task. I would submit as evidence one husband, namely Paul, who has been alive for all seven years of our marriage.



mmmmm. yummy fur.
a pensive Westley contemplates the complexities of life in general and more specifically why he is not allowed in my closet.
buttercup is judging me because I sometimes watch reality t.v. on the quiet. step off, buttercup.
really. stop judging me.


8 comments:

Tamara said...

Well, when you put it that way, it makes perfect sense;)

Ellen said...

So where did you get these cute furballs? You always leave us wanting more information!!! Remember some of us don't live by you anymore to ask follow-up questions at church.

merebuff said...

Can I come by and play with your kitties?

Anna said...

That is so rockin'! My family had cat that had those names...yes, you read that right-one cat..2 names. Well 4 names, actually. We really like Princess Bride in our family and thought we should name one of our cats after one of the characters. Nobody could agree (despite the cat was OBVIOUSLY a boy) on one name. So we came up with Westley Princess Bride Fezzik Buttercup.

redstarmama said...

Your kitties are really quite serious. My cousin once had a serious cat named Falstaff. He began to call him a "cat-in-kin", rather than a cat, just to loosen Falstaff up a bit. It didn't really have the desired effect, but it was funny all the same.

Turbo said...

Hahaha, I love the captions.

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Awwwwwwww!!!!

I love buttercup stretching. I think they should be friends with radar.

...but radar says no.

Ryanne said...

I think I am going to make the picture of Buttercup stretching my wallpaper. :o)