Scribbled on a page in my school notebook, last Thursday:
Do we have any data on physics melting the brain? Anyone? Get on that, please. Posthaste. My brain is melting quite rapidly, every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00am to 11:40.
If physics exerts a force, n, on my brain, x, and if for every force there is another force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction, then physics is pushing on my brain and my brain is saying "Cut that out!! Don't you know you are useless to me and will always be useless to me and stop messing with my lobes!!" and pushing back with an equal force because sometimes, sometimes my brain can be forceful.
I got an 86% on my quiz. 86%. I am going to fail. My brain is melting. I can feel it- I swear I can. I called Mom and she said 86% is just fine for a first quiz, a very respectable grade. Damning with faint praise, I say.
I know Einstein wasn't a great student, but he also came up with the Theory of Relativity, so he could say "Hi, mom, yeah so I got an 86% on my physics quiz but also I am going to come up with a scientific theory that is going to blow the brains off the world in general."
Here the diatribe abruptly ends, because Paul shows up to take me out to lunch, and talk me out of my tree. It is a very tall tree and most difficult to talk me out of, because thanks to physics I now have the formulas to determine just how quickly my body will accelerate towards the ground should I fall out of my hypothetical tree which represents my greatgreat fear of physics.
Wow.
Yeah, so sometimes I get a little melodramatic.
So, fast forward to Saturday night, and I'm watching a broadcast of the general Relief Society meeting and Dieter F. Uchtdorf is blowing my mind with his insight. Wait, what's this? I should rejoice in my accomplishments? Set worthy goals, but not be so hard on myself if I'm not perfect?
I LOVE IT!!!!!
86% is pretty okay for a first quiz. Maybe mom was right.
I LOVE IT!!!!!
86% is pretty okay for a first quiz. Maybe mom was right.
Okey-dokey. Feeling slightly more relaxed now.
Thanks, insight. Thanks, Heavenly Father.
Also.......
NEXT QUIZ I'M GETTING AN A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, now I'm done.
Thanks, insight. Thanks, Heavenly Father.
Also.......
NEXT QUIZ I'M GETTING AN A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, now I'm done.
5 comments:
Go Andrea!
My brain would have already imploded. Stick it out. You can do it!
Paul is good at calming he had lots of practise whith his mommy
andersons- how are you doing, my friend? Great to hear from you!
redstarmama- I doubt that, you smartysmart pants. Stick it out, I shall.
old man- ah, yes. paul is an experienced calmer. and instigator, if what I hear from his mommy is true......
86%!!!!! WOW!!!!!!
You are awesome---AND I DON'T NEED ANY CALMING DOWN, I DON'T I REALLY DON'T.
Post a Comment