I hate math.
I hate math's guts.
I wish math would go away and leave me alone.
I am supposed to go and take a stupid test tomorrow and it's going to tell the whole world how stupid I am at math and then everyone is going to point and laugh at my stupidness and I HATE STUPID MATH!!!
I would like to pause and take a moment to offer my sincere apologies to any math lovers. I know in my mind that math is beautiful and logical.
It's also stupid.
About half an hour ago, as I alternately glared at my ACT prep book and attempted word problems, Paul came in to check on me. I think I'll work out, he said. Want to work out with me?
Of course I responded that I can't work out because I HAVE TO STUDY, and he said okay, whatever you want, and I then I got mad because I really wanted to work out but I was up to my earlobes in STUPID MATH and how is that fair, that he gets to work out and then he's going to look great plus he's smart, and I'll be STUPID AND FLABBY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.
Go ahead and work out and get all buff, I said. I'll just stay here and get more stupid.
He smiled at me.
So I said are you laughing at me? You think this is funny? I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO WORK OUT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!
He said he wasn't laughing at me, but I could see him biting his lip.
Then he grinned and said it's just that I can see you being....well, you, and I love you.
Bah.
Stupid math.
9 comments:
Seriously.. math is such a jerk sometimes.
Remember that time when it was like,"ughhh." And you were like,"shuttap."
That's what math gets for being so stinky.
i hear ya! math is evil and should go away. who really cares what time two trains are going to colide if they are moving and whatever speed. the only ones who care about it are the train conductors who are driving the trains, and they should be smart enough to move out of the way.
yes math is stupid
Yes. To all of the foregoing math slander. Yes, yes, yes!
I've never seen you attempt something you couldn't do. So there. Plus, you are brilliant so that helps.
I was laughing so hard that Doug had me read this post to him then he says "you are both over dramatic about that stuff"
I think that what he was trying to say was, you are not dumb and will never be flabby.
You always succeed at making me laugh.
I used to love math, and be pretty good at it, but now I can't even remember the names of the different shapes, or why you need pi (I can't believe I took advanced calculus in college). Math is stupid, and unless you plan to be an engineer, you will never need it. Ever!
math is very very stupid. i HATE it too. so lame. why can't math just be simple adding a subtracting? and who are these "x, and Y" people and why are they there? did they get lost somewhere and ended up with numbers instead of the alphabet? so you are not alone. but sorry i can't help you with you math homework. i don't understand it. good luck. ;D
So, how did the test go? Did you feel good about it?
Ok, so, you take the A train express and leave at 8:00 and arrive at Port Authority at 8:30. Ryanne takes the D train at 8:00. What time will she arrive at Port Athority? She won't. The D train doesn't go to Port Authority.
Hey, I teach math, and even I need to look at the teachers' manual to figure things out.
Post a Comment