I am bored.
I'm kind of hesitant to admit that. When I was a kid and I'd say I was bored my mom would always be like "I'll give you something to do" and then I'd have to sew lace on her bedspread and I'd do a really cruddy job and then we'd both be worse off.
The thing is, I've already done laundry and I baked cookies and made soup and I washed the dishes and made the bed and I fed the cats and made phone calls and now, here I am, dangerously close to dressing my cats up in my old baby clothes.
It's kind of nice to be bored. I mean, I haven't blogged for like the last month because I've been doing all this school stuff and apparently the in-charge people at school are kind of serious about that whole finals thing.
But now I'm all re-charged and stuff and ready to blog, and I have nothing interesting to say. Nothing. For reals. I walked out of my front door a couple of weeks ago and there was this dude peeing into the gutter. And I'm out. That's it. See? Boring.
Does anyone need babysitting? I'll watch your kids for you. Need a wet-nurse? I actually can't help you. Also you might be in a different century. Need your house cleaned? I can do that, although in the spirit of full disclosure if I am sweeping I don't always pull the couch out and sweep behind it.
Yeah, so if you need any of that stuff, or anything else that doesn't involve firearms or confrontation or eating vegetables, I'd love to help out. For now, I think I'm going to eat several oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and pass out on the couch while watching Pride and Prejudice. The BBC version. Because it has Colin Firth.
And that should be the only explanation needed.
5 comments:
If I may....I've got a suggestion for you. You can book a trip to Cincinnati! See? Totally the opposite of boring.
i demand you come out to california. in the spirit of your mother, "i'll give you something to do!" but it won't be lace on my bedspread because, and i mean no offense to your mother, that's not how i roll.
miggy-on it. cinci, here i come. miss your face. miss beanie.
miriam- well, orders are orders, right? cali, here i come!! awesome. i am now planning my hypothetical potential trips and i am totally not bored in the slightest. yippee!!!
Whatever, Chicago is WAY better than all those places, especially in the dead of winter!
I always wondered about wet nurses too. When did they go out of style?
I second the "come to California" motion! I would love to have a live in Nanny :), so if Paul can spare you, and you are up for the challenge still...come live with your favorite cuz for a month! Ha Ha!!!
Post a Comment