Wednesday, July 8, 2009

paul boerem issues a formal statement

I, Paul David Boerem, would like to issue a formal apology to any babies who may have read the previous post.

I may have forgotten my own past obsession with plastic honking spinney things. Also as Andrea and I have no parenting experience whatsoever, it is highly likely that when we discover that the plastic honking spinney things are what keep our children from screaming at abnormally high decibels, we will have our own collection of said items.

Also I don't think babies are Neanderthals. Not that there's anything wrong with Neanderthals.

Thank you.

3 comments:

S/V Magstar said...

I would like to offer myself as a example of what can happen if you don't let your kids play with plastic honking spinning things. You can take that as good or bad.

Paul, I am disappointed in you for not sticking to your principles.

Jared Jones said...

We also have some plastic honking spinning things that I never wanted...I was able to limit Lillian's usage of them, however. It's good to pursue a drea, however.

Unknown said...

It's usually a love/hate relationship with the honking spinning things... kids love them--parents hate them. That pretty much sums up life--parents love something-kids hate it (think veggies or visits to museums) or kids love something parents hate.