I like life deep fried, dipped in chocolate, with a side of bacon. Also, extra bacon.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
I'm a Sunday dork
I really, really dig Sunday. I think that means I'm a real grown-up now. I always used to look at my mom and dad with a sort of puzzled admiration/frustration (admiration when I was trying hard to be good, frustration when they wouldn't let me do something I wanted to do), and wondered when that happened- when one started getting really, really into Sunday being a special day. I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere along the line the ads in the Sunday paper stopped being the main attraction, and I started really looking forward to some time for reflection, prayer, time to talk to my family, tease my brothers about getting married, think about how I can change and improve, and think about what I'm doing that's good.....I love it!!! I totallycompletelyreally love it. I am now a huge, huge Sunday Dork. I don't even care who knows it. What did it? I mean, I AM nearly 28 years old, but I don't think that's what did it.....maybe part of it is living in New York, being surrounded by crazy, loud, extreme things constantly. I love having a day devoted to quiet moments, time to appreciate the things that mean the most to me. It seems that every time I talk to my dad I always find myself very near to tears, overwhelmed with the simple, pure love he has for his family. He is always so eager to express love and gratitude and pride in his family's achievements, and I feel so very near to what I think heaven must be like when he talks about family. See??? I'm so grown up now. I'm going to go give Paul a raspberry now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment