Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blogging is fun

I've just set up this blog, right? I've been talking about this for months, making all kinds of empty promises, and last night, around 11:00pm, I threw caution to the wind and set up a blog. That's right, I am now the proud parent of.... a blog. How do you think I felt, setting up this blog? Elated, thrilled at all of my new blogging possibilities? No, instead, I felt........terror. I sat at the computer, frozen. All the delightful thoughts that had been chasing around my brain for the last few months were gone and I found myself consumed by a slightly queasy, uncomfortably warm feeling (which could very well be due to the 200% humidity and lack of air conditioning). I thought to myself that I hadn't a thing to write about. The thing is, this is absolutely untrue. I saw a blond pig-tailed girl roller skating yesterday- I could write about that, right? I saw a wheelchair bound woman barreling down the street, blowing a deafeningly loud whistle at all in her path-surely this is post-worthy....and yet, nothing inspired. Unable to take the yucky clammy warm feeling brought 0n by blog induced stress and lack of air conditioning, I left the apartment to run some errands and while pondering what to blog about I had this epiphany: blogging is fun! Blogging is supposed to be enjoyable! No blogging police is going to arrest me if I should fail to solve the worlds problems, and if I'm reading them right, I don't think my friends will stop talking to me if I don't write Pulitzer Prize winning stuff here. Right, guys?? Guys??? What if there really is a blogging police??? On the other hand, I've heard that conspiracy theory blogs do quite well.....

13 comments:

Jessica said...

oooo... I'm the first to comment!
yay, Andrea! Hooray for blogging! remember -- no stress, just fun. (or "super happy fun" :)

Miggy said...

I'm Sergent Webbbbber of the NYBP, that's the New York Blog Police and it looks like we've got a breech of penal code 1141 . . . just messing.

Welcome to the world wide web.

redstarmama said...

I heart you and your blog. And also:
Tobias-"That's analrapist."
Buster-"It wasn't the pronunciation that was concerning me."

Christina said...

Love it! Looking forward to many more wheelchair-inspired posts.

Julia said...

I am so excited that you finally joined the blog movement. I look forward to many witty, chocolate inspired posts!

May! said...

ma
nah
ma
nah!

you do get your voice transmits through the words on the screen, right? so if it's a tirade, i'll hear screaming; if it's panic, i'll call 911 (or just bring over ice cream). if the screen is damp and a bit saline, i'll know you were crying. but most likely i'll be laughing unabashedly every time i click on over here.

enjoy.

Ellen said...

Wow, I think I'm the last one to comment. Dang.
My first post was about how I hate Al Roker. And that's not all that true anymore. I hope he can forgive me. So you see, your first post was much better than that. We should start the Bloggie awards and nominate fellow Bloggers for awards like best incorporation of chocolate, or best incorporation of bacon. See? That's 2 you would win right there.

Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jones Family said...

bravo andrea!
yes, the chinese restaurant-esque superhappyfunblog works well too. (though at your joint, chocolate & bacon seem to replace soy and duck sauce, eh?)

i still think you could spin a good spoofy post on blogging and bloggers with that title. cast about a bit and try. :)

superhappy to now lurk about,
heather

Nikki CB said...

Well, I can't really offer a 'welcome' since I'm only an observer of the blog world, but I'm going to have superhappyfun reading.

Anonymous said...

only you can make not having central air funny.
I love sundaes too... hot caramel or hot fudge with vanilla ice cream.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, one more thing. You should read "Piggy Pie" it's kinda like Wizard of Oz meets bacon burgers. Andrea, my darlng, you'll love it.

andrea gale said...

I just figured out that I can comment on all of your comments. Hey, everyone!! Piggy Pie, I'll remember that one. Sounds right up my alley. Not to be confused with ally, which would give a different feel to that sentence...