Thursday, March 5, 2009

just to make it interesting

My shipment of Girl Scout Cookies has arrived.

Five boxes of thin mints.

Yep. I know.

At least it isn't twelve boxes like last year.

7 comments:

Ellen said...

I've noticed a theme here about food. Specifically sugary food. Even the adoption post started out with a cookie. Not that it's a huge surprise, but it's gotten much more intense. Is this some kind of metaphor I'm missing?
I tried to buy Girl Scout cookies the other day and they were OUT of the mint kind. That is illegal, I think. You should always have twice as many mints as other kinds.

andrea gale said...

dude, you caught me. i totally medicate with food. also, what self respecting girls scout doesn't have at least twice as many mints?? despicable, says i.

Little John said...

Tisk! Tisk! Tisk! Andrea this stuff is really bad for you! Try some vegetables or fruit! They're really good, sweat, and healthy! Maybe you'll make up with fruit just like you did salad. I won't push you on vegetables but fruit really isn't all that bad. But I guess I shouldn't talk like I eat really healthy all the time (because that is not true.) Andrea, to tell you the truth, the only time we have to eat unhealthily is holiday's, big family dinners, and birthdays. I know, I know, I hate it just as much as you do. Good luck on eating healthy and even if you did buy cookies, just eat a minimal amount everyday. I'm not trying to act all wise (if you think I am) because I'm not. I enjoy reading your blog!
Your brother,
John

andrea gale said...

geez, little bro. stop being so wise and all! i hate that you're so....right. okay fine, i'll just have a minimal amount. oh, little john. you are such an awesome brother!

Kevin said...

you should come pick them up, leaving boxes upon boxes of girl scout cookies in a house with a pregnant woman for safe keeping is not a good idea

andrea gale said...

kevin-right-o. i will remedy that.

redstarmama said...

We ordered our largest number of boxes yet: 10, eight boxes of thin mints, 2 samoas. Justin keeps the majority of the boxes at his office, away from me. He really does love me.